This item qualifies for Small or Light Delivery for $5 only.
Orijen Fit and Trim Cat Food is biologically appropriate for overweight cats and is made with fresh free-run chicken and turkey, nest-laid eggs and wild-caught fish.
- 85% POULTRY | FISH | EGG INGREDIENTS
- 15% VEGETABLES | FRUITS | BOTANICALS
- 0% GRAIN | POTATO | TAPIOCA | PLANT PROTEIN CONCENTRATES
To promote peak body conditioning, overweight cats need a protein-rich diet with moderate fat and limited carbohydrates.
- With 44% richly nourishing protein, 15% low-glycemic carbohydrates, and a unique blend of fibres to nourish overweight cats according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- Unmatched by any other food, 2/3 of the meats are FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top 10 meat ingredients.
- 1/3 of the meats are prepared at 90°C from fresh chicken, turkey and fish to create a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh meats, organs, and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and fresh whole eggs provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your cat needs.
- Infusions of gently freeze-dried liver enhance flavour and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for selective eaters.
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ PHILOSOPHY
The Near Eastern wild cat is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic cats. While years of breeding have produced different kinds of cats, the internal workings of wild and domestic cats remain unchanged so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our 5 Biologically Appropriate™ principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meats that cats are evolved to eat.
- Rich in fish (85%) and protein (44%)
All cats are adapted for a diet rich in meat and protein. Their sharp teeth and body mechanics are designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat. ORIJEN is created to nourish your cat or kitten according to her biological needs.
- 85% meat ingredients (2/3 FRESH or RAW and 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 15% low-glycemic vegetables and fruits
- 44% richly nourishing meat protein
- 100% of meat ingredients from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods
- NO plant proteins extracts or concentrates (potato or pea protein)
- NO high-glycemic carbohydrates (tapioca, potato, rice)
- NO glutens or grains
Unmatched fresh meat inclusions (2/3)
Fresh meats are the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the meats are FRESH or RAW, supplying your cat with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form.
- 1/3 of meats are dehydrated at low temperature for a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
An abundant variety of meats (7)
In nature, cats benefit from an assortment of meats. This variety is often lost in conventional cat foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient such as chicken or lamb that is highly processed and seldom fresh.
That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Fit & Trim features a rich diversity of fresh meats in Biologically Appropriate™ WholePrey™ ratios to nourish for peak health:
- Fresh free-run Cobb chicken from Prairie farms
- Fresh free-run turkey from Prairie farms
- Fresh and whole nest-laid eggs from Prairie farms
- Fresh, whole Pacific Herring, Mackerel, Flounder and Hake, wild-caught from North Vancouver Island
WholePrey™ meat ratios
WholePrey™ represents the evolution of ORIJEN foods, incorporating fresh meats, organ meats and cartilage in ratios that mirror nature and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic supplements.
- Meat – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and amino acids.
- Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium in natural form your cat’s body can easily absorb.
Cats are obligate carnivores and have no biological requirement for carbohydrates yet conventional cat foods still contain large amounts of high-glycemic carbohydrates such as potato and tapioca, which are often cited as a leading cause of obesity and diabetes.
Biologically Appropriate™ ORIJEN Fit & Trim is a protein-rich and carbohydrate-limited food featuring lentils, chickpeas, squash, greens and fruits which release sugar slowly, dramatically reducing the potential for fat storage.
3 SUPPLEMENTS – ZINC, COPPER AND CHOLINE
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so cats derive their complete nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole animals, which contain all of the nutrients they need to thrive.
That’s why you won’t find long lists of synthetics in ORIJEN cat foods. Loaded with richly nourishing ratios of fresh poultry, organs and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and whole eggs, ORIJEN provides a natural source of virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive.